Fintech: Future of Banking & Finance
Discussion on the current technology trends in banking, investments, and how financial technology firms are shaping the industry.
- Future of Investment Banking & Investment Research – “Investech”
- Digital Banking – Startups shaping the industry and Fintechs acquiring traditional brick & mortar bank
- Consolidation of synergistic Fintech Firms – Industry trends towards combining offerings under one roof
- How the mammoth tech firms are shaping commercial and personal banking – Netflix, Amazon, Apple and their influence on what consumers expect.
Dr. David Krause, Associate Professor, Marquette University
Dr. David Krause is an Associate Professor of Practice in the Department of Finance and the inaugural director of the Applied Investment Management (AIM) program at Marquette University, where he’s been with the school for over 15 years. (Also happens to be a former professor of mine!) AIM is one of the nation’s top undergraduate programs in applied investment management. AIM was established in 2004 and became the first undergraduate CFA Educational Program Partner in 2006. The program seeks to provide undergraduate students with opportunities to integrate the financial principles they are learning in the classroom with real world opportunities including relevant internship and investment experiences. The goal of the AIM program is to graduate students of high character who will become proficient and ethical investment research analysts. Dr. Krause’s specialties include Investments, portfolio management, Fintech, and alternative investments. Dr. Krause earned his MBA from UW-Whitewater and his PHD in 2003 from Northcentral University in San Diego.
MEMBERS - BRING A CORPORATE FOR FREE
Schedule of Events:
Networking, Appetizers & Drinks 3:30pm - 4:00pm, Program 4:00pm - 5:00pm, Happy Hour to follow
Virtual Attendees – Conference call details and presentation materials will be emailed to you after registration closes. Presentation will begin at 4:00pm.
A few reminders…
- Unable to attend a meeting for which you have registered? Substitutes are welcome! Otherwise, we ask that you cancel your registration or send an email to email@example.com
- Have an idea for a presentation topic or speaker? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- General questions or comments about WIAFP? We want to hear from you! Email email@example.com
- Registration closes 48 hours before event; late registration requests can no longer be accommodated (Friday, December 13th at 2:00pm)