Apply now »
Date: Feb 15, 2020
Location: Milwaukee, WI, US, 53224
Company: A. O. Smith Corporation
A. O. Smith (NYSE: AOS), named a Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, is a $3 billion water technology leader with 16,500 employees worldwide. We are a global leader in residential and commercial water heating, as well as manufacturer of water treatment products. Founded in 1874 and headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we are manufacturing innovators that take pride in our company’s values and reputation for integrity.
With A. O. Smith, you will be:
- Working for a stable, but growing organization committed to strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, global expansion and the highest ethical standards of conduct.
- Representing a company that makes products that improve quality of life and are considered top of the line.
- Joining a cohesive team that believes in the goals we share and supports each other in accomplishing our shared goals
Due to an upcoming retirement, we are looking for an Assistant Treasurer at our World Headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Assistant Treasurer will report to the Treasurer and will be responsible for actively supporting and supervising the treasury team with cash management and corporate finance functions including debt management, cash forecasting, intercompany settlements, foreign exchange, share repurchases and bank relations. Additional responsibilities include leadership of treasury operations, treasury policy documentation and compliance and various other functions.
- Debt: Partner with Treasurer to size, procure, negotiate and execute credit facilities to support the company’s global growth. Manage debt covenant compliance process to ensure compliance with all credit facilities. Monitor fixed and floating rate debt for balance. Prepare necessary debt footnotes for quarterly public statements.
- Investments: Execute global investment portfolio to maximize safety of principal, diversification and return (in that order) within the company’s investment policy. Review investment alternatives and execute new contracts as needed.
- Pension & 401(k): Source and manage investment consultant relationship. Analyze asset allocation, asset manager returns and portfolio risk at least monthly within the Investment Policy Committee’s (IPC) policy, glide path and investment guidelines. Review, analyze and understand performance impacts related to quarterly IPC meeting materials. Prepare IPC meetings minutes. Partner with actuary for asset-related activities: glide path compliance, asset returns and internal and external audit. Prepare asset related information for public statement footnotes (10-K disclosure). Partner with Treasurer and CFO to execute risk mitigation, equity protection, treasury future strategies as approved by the IPC.
- Banking: Design, procure, negotiate global banking services network and act as system administrator for all global bank websites (partner with international controller for same in China). Procure letters of credit (LC) as needed and manage LC portfolio. Oversee NA purchasing card program and APCOM credit card program (used for after-market part sales).
- Cash: Partner with Controllers to forecast cash flows to maximize sources and uses of cash. Supervise person responsible for daily cash settlement including treasury workstation and related general ledger entries. Monitor international cash balances and partner with treasurer, tax and controllers to set dividends, intercompany loans and capital infusions, where needed and execute same in sync with foreign entity organizational structure. Maintain and administer proper cash controls for outgoing wires. Maintain internal controls environment for SOX compliance.
- Foreign Exchange: Partner with controllers to identify foreign exchange (FX) exposures and hedge same within company’s FX guidelines. Partner with Treasurer to set annual plan FX rates and revise as needed. Prepare necessary FAS quarterly reporting and FX -related footnotes for public statements.
- M&A Support: Support the Corporate Development team in the review and analysis of acquisition targets. Provide modeling support as well as review and secure financing, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or another related discipline required
- 10+ years of related work experience required
- Credit facility negotiation, Foreign Exchange Risk Management, and Global cash management experience are required
- Pension investment management, M & A modelling and treasury workstation implementation are preferred
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer, entry passes to several different Milwaukee festivals, sporting events, and the county zoo, employee discounts on water filtration products, a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short-and long-term disability programs. tuition assistance, and free covered parking.
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Job Segment: Financial, Risk Management, Equity, Bank, Banking, Finance