Senior Treasury Manager
Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The Senior Manager of Treasury will be responsible for driving the preparation of consolidated cash flow and liquidity projections, financial analysis and reporting, providing strategic leadership for performance improvement in working capital and for leading the financial risk management for the company. (FX, IR and commodities).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and maintenance of the Company’s cash flow projection and capital structure model for use in the Company’s annual strategic plan and other capital structure initiatives; partner with corporate B&A group on projection process.
- Prepare financial modeling for special projects; including acquisitions and multi-year financial forecasts.
- Partner with and support business leaders to drive performance improvement in working capital.
- Analyze working capital results and variances to drive cash flow improvements; oversee monthly management report on cash flow, inventory and working capital results, including explanation of variances.
- Prepare debt covenant calculations; track baskets; and ensure compliance with debt agreements.
- Identify and track company risk exposures (FX, Commodities) in preparation for hedging.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Company’s Global Hedging policy; execution of spot and forward FX contracts with designated banks.
- Partner with regional finance leaders and BP&A to model and explain risk and volatility related to FX.
- Support the Treasury Dept. as needed for business integrations; and cross department projects.
- Support production of the quarterly board of directors (BOD) presentations.
- Prepare footnotes for SEC reporting: 10Q and 10K, including disclosures per FAS133, FAS52; work closely with corporate accounting team on all SEC reporting responsibilities.
- Assist in preparation of Treasury related audit schedules and account reconciliations at month end.
- Ensure compliance with SOX, internal controls, company policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of proper controls for regulatory requirements; such as Dodd-Frank, EMIR.
- Lead employees through effective hiring, orientating, training, mentoring and coaching. Provide ongoing recognition, feedback and development, holding staff accountable for success. Identify and mentor future organizational leaders. Ensure appropriate resources are provided to staff.
- Manage department staff by providing leadership in the execution of work plans and long and short term goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- 8-10 years of experience in Treasury or related fields
- BBA in Finance or Accounting or relevant field. MBA preferred
- Experience in foreign exchange, hedging and financial modeling
- Experience will be considered in lieu of specific degree
- CFA/ or CPA certified preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making and administrative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate issues with non-treasury internal customers and senior management.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff performance.
- Detailed-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to manage, interpret, and report on complicated and voluminous data.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks efficiently, timely and accurately; ; Task-focused and goal-oriented
- Independent and able to manage work proactively with limited day-to-day guidance.
- Ability to manage effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of relevant provisions of US GAAP
- Working knowledge of SAP and BFC preferred.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.