Treasury Operations Specialist
What’s the role?
The Treasury Operations Specialist determines the cash position for all Northwestern Mutual accounts and it’s operating and investment subsidiaries. In this capacity coordinates and resolves issues to assure proper funding of investment and insurance activities and the optimal utilization of cash. This role is responsible for implementing improvements in cash management procedures including the enhanced use of technology and generating accurate and timely daily cash availability reports to assist portfolio managers with investment decisions. Monthly, the Treasury Operations Specialist will conduct a thorough analysis of bank billing statements across all accounts including but not limited to; calculated earnings credits or interest, service fees, transaction volumes, and payment. Additionally, this role will provide fraud mitigation support across all manual payment channels and provide statistical reporting on account validation. And, will complete the appropriate bank documents for the company and subsidiaries to ensure they are compliant with signature authorizations, service agreements, and pricing contracts.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of business (finance, accounting, business administration, etc.…)
- 1-3 years of experience in corporate treasury, banking, or the investment industry
- Knowledge of banking and cash management principles, payment channels (wires, ACH, Zelle, Real Time), lockbox, and check clearing concepts
- Knowledge of investment securities and the trading and settlement process
- Critical factors to success include the ability to multi-task and accurately meet deadlines, strong analytical skills, strong working with numbers, detailed oriented, and a team player who is motivated to provide great customer service to both internal and external customers
- Time management, decision making, strong interpersonal, customer service, research, and communication skills. Self-initiative on issue handling, trouble shooting, and problem solving to resolve time sensitive matters. Drive, ambition, willing to learn, and brings a positive attitude to the office each day
- Must have excellent mathematical skills and basic understanding of finance-related computer based programs.
- Able to work holidays when financial markets are open
- Able to start each day at 6:30 AM in order to meet crucial business deadlines