Position Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: Green Bay, WI
Under general supervision, performs a variety of complex, responsible and confidential payroll, account receivables/payables and administrative duties for multi-state and Canadian privately held company.
- Responsible for accuracy of non-exempt bi-weekly payroll; US and Canada. Training for field managers on current payroll software and/or system.
- Follow up payroll inquiries and requests from employees and field managers in a timely manner.
- Invoice all customers as scheduled
- Wage garnishments, verification of employment and payroll related inquiries from outside agencies.
- Administration of company’s health insurance program
- Tax payments (GST/HST) as scheduled, timely submission
- Assists the HR Director with Workers Compensation and 401k yearly audits
- Assists the company’s accountant with quarterly and year-end closings
- Accounts receivables, verifying accuracy of payment, timely deposit of payments for multiple state and specialized contract billing
- Accounts payable for all locations and Canada
- Works with the General Manager on specific payroll and account receivables/payables questions
- Reconciles, books monthly credit card invoices
- Business works, accurate and timely account coding
- Files documents and employee personnel files
Any combination of accounting education and payroll experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge of successful performance of the position would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to high school diploma, associate’s degree and two to three years of payroll related (software programs) and accounts payable/receivable experience.
Ability to proficiently utilize computer software applications such as excel, adobe, work, business works and payroll vendors or appropriate accounting software. Creating, revising, of excel spreadsheets and worksheets. Efficient in grammar, punctuation, formal business letter and report writing.
Professionalism as well as maintaining an organized and professional work environment is critical in representing the company. While performing payroll, accounts receivable tasks, need the ability to effectively communicate to employees, outside agencies/vendors using strong oral, written and listening skills. Ability to multi-task and use discretion in working with confidential data; while exercising good judgement in determining the appropriate action to be taken relating to current job duties.
Contact: Lindsey Dix, Senior Recruiter (920) 257-5964 email@example.com