Are you looking to expand your skill set with a successful company? We have a great opportunity for you! The Benefit Companies is looking for a talented individual to join us as an Accounting Assistant. In this position, you can expect to build your knowledge in accounts payable and receivable processing as well as calculating commissions.
The Benefit Companies, Inc. is a group of companies that have provided employee benefits and services to employers for 40 years. We are a single source solution for providing employee benefits and services. You can learn more about us at www.benefitsinc.com.
We focus on self-management, personal integrity, ingenuity, technical knowledge, and communication skills. The client comes first in every decision. Come join a team which will stimulate your growth and provide you with many new and exciting opportunities.
Why join us? You’ll work alongside a team of close-knit, experienced professionals as well as enjoy an excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) plan with employer match. We also offer perks such as chair massages, office exercise bikes, generous paid time off and holidays, and more.
Interested individuals should have some prior bookkeeping experience. Could this be the job for you? Apply today!
- Generate commission statements and reports
- Review all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prepare and process checks for multiple companies
- Assist with month end closing procedures
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Maintain accurate vendor information and generate 1099s
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Reconciles various balance sheet accounts
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Provides fixed asset detail to accounting firm
- Responsible for Use Tax accounting and submission
- Performs other duties as required to support the Accounting Department
- Associates Degree or equivalent in a related field; or 2+ years or more of related experience
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including strong Excel knowledge
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team
Interested candidates can send their resume to Laura Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.