Are you looking to expand your skill set with a successful company? We have a great opportunity for you! The Benefit Companies is looking for a talented individual to join us as a Payroll Specialist. In this position, you can expect to build your knowledge in payroll processing as well as provide clients with excellent service and solutions to their payroll system issues.
The Payroll Specialist serves as the single point of contact for a portfolio of assigned clients and is responsible for processing clients' payroll data, checks, special reports and for ensuring our clients' employees are accurately paid. Our team of Payroll Specialists also respond to client inquiries and concerns pertaining to all facets of the payroll process, providing exceptional customer service at all times.
The Benefit Companies, Inc. is a group of companies that have provided employee benefits and services to employers for 40 years. We are a single source solution for providing employee benefits and services. You can learn more about us at www.benefitsinc.com.
We focus on self-management, personal integrity, ingenuity, technical knowledge, and communication skills. The client comes first in every decision. Come join a team which will stimulate your growth and provide you with many new and exciting opportunities.
Why join us? You’ll work alongside a team of close-knit, experienced professionals as well as enjoy an excellent benefits package, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and quality career education and training. We also offer perks such as flexible hours, chair massages, office exercise bikes, generous paid time off and holidays, and more.
Interested individuals should have prior experience with payroll processing and software and knowledge of federal and state taxes. Could this be the job for you? Apply today!
- Review and process payrolls for numerous clients according to their payroll schedule
- Prepare, create, and export reports/documents in Excel and Word
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Compile and verify payroll data from time sheets and other records
- Record changes affecting net wages for each employee to update master payroll records
- Prepare and issue paychecks
- Assist with other administrative tasks in the department
- Associates Degree or equivalent in a related field; or 2 years or more of payroll experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Strong math and computer skills including advanced knowledge in Excel
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Experience with multiple payroll systems is helpful but not required
- Kronos experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive and self motivated
- Works well individually and with a team
Interested candidates can send their resume to Laura Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.