The Benefit Companies, Inc.
Payroll Software Conversion / Payroll Specialist
Are you passionate about building relationships and guiding clients through a complex process? Do you enjoy the puzzle of identifying obstacles and finding solutions while providing exemplary customer service?
Are you looking to expand your skill set with a successful company? We have a great opportunity for you! The Benefit Companies is looking for a talented individual to join us as a Payroll Software Conversion / Payroll Specialist. In this blended position, you can expect to build your knowledge in payroll processing as well as provide clients with excellent service and solutions to their payroll system issues.
The Benefit Companies, Inc. is a group of companies that have provided employee benefits and services to employers for 40 years. We are a single source solution for providing employee benefits and services. You can learn more about us at www.benefitsinc.com.
We focus on self-management, personal integrity, ingenuity, technical knowledge, and communication skills. The client comes first in every decision. Come join a team which will stimulate your growth and provide you with many new and exciting opportunities.
Why join us? You’ll work alongside a team of close-knit, experienced professionals as well as enjoy an excellent benefits package, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and quality career education and training. We also offer perks such as flexible hours, chair massages, office exercise bikes, generous paid time off and holidays, and more.
Interested individuals should have prior experience with payroll processing and software and knowledge of federal and state taxes. Could this be the job for you? Apply today!
- Determines the best method for the accurate and timely conversion of client data
- Oversees accurate, timely and successful installation and conversion of payroll product solutions through entire implementation cycle
- Review and process payrolls for numerous clients according to their payroll schedule
- Prepare, create, and export reports/documents in Excel and Word
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Prepare and issue paychecks
- Assist with other administrative tasks in the department
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; or 3+ years of payroll related experience
- Strong math and computer skills including advanced knowledge in Excel
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Detailed and organized
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and self-motivated
- Works well individually and/or with a team