Capri Senior Communities - Corporate (Waukesha WI)
Under the general supervision of the Finance Manager, this position supports accounting operations by the collection of revenue and payment of expenses by verifying and completing receivable and payable transactions.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processing Accounts Payable duties by verifying approvals and coding, and entering vendor invoices into GL package.
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills via online system
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Maintain assigned sub ledger and reconciliation to the general ledger
- 1099 maintenance and vendor set up
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Reconciles assigned entities banking activity to processed details in GL package.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning and organizing – establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently and timely.
- Written communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
- Quality management – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business acumen- understands business implications of decisions.
- Cost consciousness – works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures. Looks to improve processes and procedures to build efficiency.
- Ethics – works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic thinking – develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years specific accounting related accounts payable experience required. Bachelors/Associate’s degree preferred by not required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES