Senior Financial Analyst
WHO WE ARE
American Girl, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin, has an opening in our Finance Department for a Sr Financial Analyst. At Mattel, our vision is Creating the Future of Play. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who dare to be innovative, and thrive in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them grow with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of balance that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play, we are proud of how our employees lead by example in all that they do!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
American Girl is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for financial business support in terms of forecasting, financial analysis and reporting, general ledger accounting, systems and consulting. The person in this position is responsible for managing key business relationships in a multi-channel consumer products industry that operates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment across Finance and American Girl. The position also affords opportunity to deliver and present financial results to senior leadership tied to close, issues and business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial analysis, advanced accounting procedures and financial systems
- Current knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Previous experience analyzing full P&Ls
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to think strategic and compile holistic financial documents, and as required troubleshoot variances at a micro level to explain business results
- Demonstrated teamwork, customer service oriented, and strong communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Data warehouse and Essbase/Smartview experience a plus
MORE ABOUT WHO WE ARE
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com). The Mattel family of companies is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of toys and family products. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include BeForever™, Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, and Bitty Baby™. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
Please apply online at www.americangirl.com
Connect with us on Facebook at American Girl Careers!
Affirmative Action Employer