Title: RENEWABLES FINANCE OFFICER
Location: Madison, WI
Apply Online by 4/11/2022: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/countyofdane/jobs/3475748/renewables-finance-officer?keywords=renewables&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
The Dane County Department of Waste & Renewables is recruiting for a Finance Officer position to lead financial management and business development of Dane County’s renewable energy portfolios and the Department’s solid waste and recycling services. Dane County Department of Waste & Renewables manages about $15M in revenue from our solid waste division and another $15M in revenue from our renewable natural gas division. This position was added to the budget by County Executive Parisi for 2022 as a priority for Dane County’s Renewable Energy Program.
Dane County offers a wide range of benefits including: generous leave packages, flexible work schedules, and enrollment in the Wisconsin Retirement System. For more information visit: https://admin.countyofdane.com/employee-relations/active-employee
Dane County Department of Waste & Renewables (W&R) owns and operates the County’s landfills, various recycling programs, a Renewable Natural Gas production and offload facility, a landfill-gas-to-energy (electricity) project, and consults on various other County led renewable energy projects including various solar installations. The energy or natural gas from these projects generate renewable energy certificates (RECS) or renewable identification numbers (RINS). Additionally, the landfill and associated recycling programs operate as an enterprise fund and collect disposal fees and other miscellaneous revenue to support operations. This position is responsible for oversight of the generation; sale and tracking of renewable energy, RECs and RINS; and manages all financial aspects for W&R.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Oversees generation, sale, tracking and auditing of renewable energy and associated RECS or RINS for all County renewable energy projects.
- Prepares or oversees regulatory submittals for REC and RIN generation and reporting.
- Develops energy production and revenue reports for Office of the County Executive, Office of the County Board, Department of Administration, Office of Energy and Climate Change, and other County Departments, staff or elected officials. Monitors energy regulations, markets and technologies and advises on investment and divestment strategies.
- Performs financial analyses for proposed renewable projects or expansions.
- Performs financial analyses for proposed waste and recycling capital projects or expansions.
- Develops, tracks and audits W&R operating and capital budgets.
- Oversees W&R accounting, payroll, contracts, purchasing, customer service/sales and risk management functions.
- Supervises W&R administrative, accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchasing staff.
- Oversees customer relations, billing and collections for landfill and offload customers.
- Tracks W&R expenses, contracts and compliance with County purchasing rules.
- Reviews and/or prepares requests for bids and requests for proposals, contracts, purchase orders and other contract documents.