· Plan, organize and execute daily activities critical to company financial operations and business operations
· Lead annual budgeting process for all business units and the entire company
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports
· Produce compensation calculations for partners, employee bonuses, commissions and increase thresholds, etc.
· Actively manage AR, collections, expenses to meet budgeted targets
· Measure individual production towards the company’s performance
· Prepare ad hoc financial reports, models and analysis to support business decisions
· Provide relevant financial information and analysis to executive management team
· Measure productivity by analyzing performance data, financial data, and activity reports
· Coordinate with other support departments (human resources, finance, and logistics) to ensure timely and appropriate issue resolution
· Coordinate with support departments to achieve efficient and streamlined operations
· Implement policies and procedures
· Ensure roster of operational projects (both internal to Strategies and in partnership with the law firm) are being properly managed and meeting delivery expectations
· Assist with process improvement projects regarding structure, process, technology and analytics
· Over time, must develop a full understanding of Strategies’ business consulting, strategic communications, and government relations business and value proposition
Bring Your Best
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management is minimally required
· 5+ years’ experience in an operations and/or financial environment. Experience in government relations a plus, but not required.
· Experience using financial management tools and analysis techniques appropriate to the business
· Understanding of the financial performance metrics and levers critical to the successful operation of a professional services business
· Demonstrated success in Project Management skills
· Expertise in Excel and other Microsoft suite of business and productivity tools
· Ability to navigate various financial reporting software systems
· Strong attention to detail and personal commitment to accuracy
· Proactive leader with ability to collaborate across matrixed organization and manage multiple key stakeholders
· Proven commitment to constant improvement and efficiency in operations
· Effective at influencing and persuading through informal hierarchies in a matrix environment, managing at times competing interests and priorities for optimal outcomes with both internal and external clients (high EQ).
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
To be considered for this position, please submit an application via our online portal: Supporting Page (micronapps.com)
Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Michael Best Strategies LLC, and Michael Best Consulting LLC (collectively known as "Michael Best") are steadfastly committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at 414.225.4999 or email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.